The Western Australia Underwater Photographic Society (WAUPS) is a non-profit organisation which was established and incorporated in January, 1984.
WAUPS is a member of the The West Australian Photographic Federation Inc (WAPF)
The aims of WAUPS are to:
- Promote an improvement of underwater photography among it’s members
- Promote underwater photography in the community
- Encourage an understanding and preservation of the marine environment
- Promote an exchange of skills and ideas from within the society and from external bodies; and
- Have fun and enjoy socialising, diving and photography
WAUPS holds regular monthly meetings, a range of competitions, monthly photo dives, dive trips, exhibitions and social events. WAUPS members also get membership to the WA Photographic Federation and can participate in their events and trips.
We communicate to members through an e-news bulletin twice a month, a bi-monthly printed newsletter and Facebook